Jana Truman is the Managing Director and Investment Advisor with SVN, Accel Commercial Real Estate. Jana began commercial real estate appraising in 2011, appraising all types of commercial real estate across all classes in the state of Tennessee. Through the Accel Group of businesses, Jana partners with investors, business owners, and entrepreneurs to grow their personal and professional wealth through advice on acquisition, disposition, and long-term strategies of commercial real estate and businesses.
Brian Truman joined Accel Group in 2016, specializing in multi-family, retail, and business brokerage sales. He understands the mindset of business and building owners. His previous national sales experience and his obsession with service have increased the team’s overall deal size and reach. He has negotiated both in the public and private sectors, with experience in selling to C-level decision makers and business owners doing deals in the hundreds of millions.
Jana and Brian also own a business brokerage called Accel Exit Advisors and are getting ready to start a property management division for SVN.
Don’t miss this conversation packed full of advice from two experienced real estate agents!
Learn more about ALTERNATIVE BUSINESS and INVESTMENT STRATEGIES through QUATTRO CAPITAL!
[00:00 - 07:43] Introducing Brian and Jana Truman: From Community Activism to Business Brokerage and Real Estate Investing
• Brian and Jana Truman are part of the SVN team, owning the Excel Group in Nashville.
• They have a background in community activism, zoning and codes, commercial art, and business brokerage.
• They discuss what is happening in the real estate market and if there will be a recession or correction of values.
[07:43 - 15:57] The Story of Jana and Brian Truman's Successful Journey
• Started focusing on multi-family in 2016
• Got a call from an unknown number with an LA area code to find 3 properties
• Found the properties, and the caller was good friends with Grant Cardone
• Was invited to a national conference and got mobbed by people asking questions
• Now have a full service brokerage with specialists in all segments of real estate
[15:57 - 23:47] Banks Pulling Back on Lending
• The market is seeing banks pull back on their lending, regardless of segment.
• Local lenders are only interested in investors who will occupy the building.
[23:47 - 39:38] Banks Tighten Lending Requirements as Cash Investors Take Advantage of Opportunities in Commercial Real Estate
• Cash investors are taking advantage of the current market and finding opportunities.
• Loan assumptions are being used to take advantage of lower interest rates.
• Vacancy rates for retail and industrial are low, with rents still climbing.
• Banks are scrutinizing portfolio management and increasing debt service coverage ratio.
• Banks are open for lending but with higher LTV requirements.
• Banks are not keen on having assets or balance sheets full of failed loans.
• Credit unions and local banks have more money to lend out than before.
[39:38 - 42:21] Closing Segment
• Their website is accelcre.com
• Contact Jana at email@example.com and Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org
• They provide free education twice a month on their website
"I knew I wanted to create wealth, but I knew that I would not do that working in a dollar per hour job." - Jana Truman
"We don't list properties we sell them. It's a big difference between those two." - Brian Truman
Connect with Jana through:
LinkedIn, Facebook or visit: https://accelcre.com
Connect with Brian through:
LinkedIn or visit: https://accelcre.com
LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode. Find out how team Quattro can help you by visiting www.TheQuattroWay.com.
Real Estate Runway Podcast is all about alternative business and investment strategies to help you amplify life, and maximize wealth! Click here to find out more about the host, Chad Sutton.
Quattro Capital invites you to join Agora:
Don't miss out on the opportunity to experience the forefront of investment management technology with Quattro Capital. Join Agora and schedule a demo to see our all-in-one investment management tool in action. As a bonus, enjoy Quattro's Promotion 10% discount on Yearly Subscription and Onboarding Priority! Our platform includes a powerful CRM, market-leading investor portal, and a fundraising tool that makes it easier to raise capital for new offerings. With our collaborative space, you can ensure transparency with investors and make reporting more accessible than ever before. Click here to schedule your demo and claim your discount today!
Join the EntityKeeper community today to simplify the way you manage your entities and org charts while reducing manual errors. Easily organize corporate data, visualize ownership structures, store unlimited documents, and manage important filing dates with one secure solution. Click here to start simplifying your entity management with EntityKeeper now!